Carnival Like a Local
"Carnival Like a Local" is an unique experience of the greatest show on Earth: the Carnival of Rio de Janeiro.
There are many ways to enjoy the show: Grandstand Tickets, Front Box Seats, or Luxury VIP Lounges. But if you're looking to explore the full universe of the carioca Carnival and its Samba Schools, our experience "Carnival Like a Local" is for you! One of our Carnival Experts will guide you during the show. Together we will learn to sing the Carnival songs, and learn about the history and themes of each Samba School and their parade.
- English-speaking Carnival Expert guide. The guide will meet you at the pick-up point in Ipanema, accompany you throughout the show until your return to the initial pick-up point.
- Ticket for Grandstand sector 4 at the Sambódromo.
- The opportunity to see four of the Samba Schools parading. The guide will then return to Ipanema after the fourth school, but the guests are welcome to stay if they wish.
- Round trip with the Metro - the safest public transport to get around, just like a local.
- 01 Caipirinha/Beer per person
- Other small surprises throughout the night
- Small groups - up to 12 people per group (unless otherwise requested).
Meeting Point - In front of the Famous Canastra Bar in Ipanema Address: Rua Jangadeiros 42 Ipanema.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable clothing - you will be dancing, standing, and moving a lot.
- Sandals or closed shoes. We recommend closed shoes (such as tennis shoes) as there's always the possibility of raining.
- Raincoat or rain poncho.
- Optional - Carnival accessories such as: funny hats, tiaras, masks, glitter, etc. Use your imagination! It's Carnival!
Important information and Conditions
• Prices are per person for the round trip (from your pick-up point to the Sambadrome and back to the pick up point).
• In order for us to provide the best service, reservations for the regular shuttle service can only be accepted up to 1 month in advance.
• This service is not private – in order to reserve a private transfer please contact us.
• Remember that small cars cannot access the Sambadrome, only 15-Seat vas or bigger.
• Cancellations can be made up to 14 days prior to the Carnival parade.
• Pick up points: The shuttles have pick up points in all main hotels in Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Barra da Tijuca, Botafogo and Centro. When reserving the transfer shuttle service remember to let us know where are you staying so we can assign you to the closest pick up point possible.
• Six different slots will be provided for the shuttle transfer back: Each one will be 15 minutes after the end of each Samba Schools Show, from the first to the last.
• The representative will be waiting at the meeting point with Red flag and direct you to your bus. It is very important to mention which sector you have tickets for, as both sections (odd and even numbers) need different shuttles that go on different routes.
• Rio-Tickets is not responsible for any delay, misunderstanding, and time lost due to writing the wrong sector at the time of reservation.
• For those who purchased a VIP Lounge ticket the shuttle service is already included in the price.
• The shuttle transfer towards the show will pass by the pick up points only once. It is the clients' responsibility to not be late. Rio-Tickets is not held accountable if the client is late and refund won't be possible in that case.
• The drop off point and pick up point will be the same. Both the odd and even-numbered sectors will be notified upon arrival where they should head to meet a staff representative when wanting to return.
• Please be aware – It is quite difficult to access the stadium area during Carnaval, and the traffic jam can cause delays.
• Rio-Tickets is not responsible for delays occurring because of traffic. We always advise before purchasing the shuttle service to consider using the Metro, which is sometimes less comfortable, but usually a bit faster.